Saturday, November 29, 2008

I am capable of wonderful things!

Oh man. I just made Spanish chicken with rice. And it is. Amazing. It is absolutely mandatory that you guys try this recipe. It's seriously everything that a meal ought to be.

I only made a few changes to the recipe: I left the skin on the chicken (obviously), and therefore didn't add the second 2 Tbsp of oil after browning. I added cayenne pepper the salt and black pepper that I used to season the chicken, which added a really nice hint of spiciness. And because cans of tomatoes are 14.5 oz and not 16, I used 14.5 oz of tomatoes instead of 16 (and it didn't screw anything up).

Other than that, I pretty much followed the recipe completely. I used arborio rice, and in case you were wondering, a "capsicum" is a bell pepper. Pairing it with a really good bread would have been an awesome idea, but I didn't think of it when I was at the supermarket. But nevertheless, this is one of the best meals I've ever cooked. And it was super cheap, too! Literally the only downside is that it takes a while to cook, but you just have to let it simmer, so you can do other stuff. Anyway, there's plenty left over, so if any of you are in the area, feel free to stop by!

No comments:

Please Don't Eat the Sea Kittens