Wednesday, November 26, 2008

...in which Danny gets to work

So I was supposed to talk to my boss over last weekend to discuss when I was going to be starting work, but despite four phone calls and two messages, I was unable to reach him. Couldn't get a hold of him on Monday either. So I figured I'd just start after Thanksgiving, and stayed up until about 3:30 on Monday night.

9:05 Tuesday morning, telephone rings. It's my dad, who apparently just talked to my boss (they're friends). He says, "Get up; Harold wants you to come in." So on some 5 and a half hours of sleep, I'm off to my first day of work! Great way to get started...

The job is pretty much in line with what I was doing last summer, which is pretty cool. My role is basically to satisfy my boss' curiosity about things that he doesn't understand very well, but he thinks might be important (historically, about the energy industry, and that seems to be continuing). Right now, I'm doing research on the electricity industry's modernization efforts to see if there are any opportunities for my firm to invest in. It's a little boring, but I've already learned a lot and it definitely fits in with my other research on the energy industry and climate change. So all in all, it seems like it's going to be a pretty decent way to spend a few months!

By the way...troll toll? Brilliant! (Just watched the It's Always Sunny finale...)

No comments:

Please Don't Eat the Sea Kittens